- We recommend packing as light as possible. Light, quick dry-clothing is best, since it is never cold and can be hot and humid. During the rainy season, a pair of lightweight long pants, a long-sleeved shirt, and a rain jacket are also useful. Don’t forget your swimsuit!
- The most practical footwear includes one pair of hiking boots or sturdy shoes (trail sneakers), plus sandals for lounging.
- A hat, sunblock, and sunglasses are very important for sun protection.
- Your own basic medical set & your personal meds. If you have allergies, don’t forget your meds and Epipen!
- Don’t forget your camera, binoculars, and a good flashlight.
- A reusable water bottle is recommended. If you forget, we can provide you with one (on loan or to purchase) of our reusable bottles during your stay.
- A journal, if you like to write or paint. A good book is also a great idea.
Please note that our solar power system provides us all with 24-hours of daily electricity, but high consumption devices such as hair dryers, flat-irons/curlers, and coffee makers CANNOT be used. We kindly request you not use these items.
Excess luggage? If you are on a multi-destination trip and have a lot of luggage (with cooler-weather clothes, for example), we’d be happy to assist with arrangements to leave secured luggage behind in San Jose, to streamline your trip to El Remanso.