for a Purpose
There are many ways you could help our local community with your trip and here
You can read about some of the most interesting projects in which, with very little, you can make a huge difference.
Library & Community Center of Puerto Jimenez
Managed by Chelsea Sieber, through ASCONA, the Community Center of Puerto Jiménez, strives to provide a welcoming, safe, educational space for children of all ages to explore open-ended materials, problem-solve and learn through play!
They also offer English immersion classes for kids ages 2-12 as well as for adults. Our goal is to offer more classes in the arts and sciences like puppetry, drawing, collage and geometry of flight through paper-airplane folding to reach more local children. The Community Center exists because of donations from people who believe in our mission and if you wish to help, a donation would make a big difference.
- Open Donation for the Library & Community Center: you decide the amount you would wish to donate and we will make sure it finances the most needed project at the moment. You can do it once you are at El Remanso or right away! Please request the donation form to Adriana at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Become a Monthly or Yearly Donor of ASCONA.
- Pack for a Purpose and bring one or some of these children’s books needed in the local library.
- Sponsor a child (or a few) for a year so that they attend the amazing and stimulating classes at the community center!
- $25 per child per month
- $300 per child per school-year